After searching for ways to make healthy bars at home, here is my own creation of healthy, yummy, protein/snack bars. They make me hungry just looking at them :)
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 12 dates (remove pits)
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1Tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional-I do not always use this)
- place pecans, walnuts, dates and cranberries in food processor and pulse until pretty fine
- while on low, add in vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt until mixed in
- line a square glass dish 9x9 with parchment and press into the bottom to fill out entire dish
- top with dark chips (optional)
- place in freezer then after an hour or so cut in half one way and then cut 2 lines the other making 6 bars total & transfer to a large zip lock where I just store mine in the freezer
*Now, these work for me, my tummy and my macros. We are all different and our bodies all require different things so keep that in mind!
I hope you guys enjoy them and let me know what you think.
calories: I added up all the calories of each ingredient and then divided by 6...
without protein powder: 310 cal / 21.5 fat / 31.3 carb / 4 protein
with protein powder: 333 cal / 22 fat / 32 carb / 9 protein (personally I would rather drink my 30 total grams of protein while I eat a bar ;) I love me some protein. Only vanilla lol
Thanks for reading... xxB